Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, May 16, 2016

It's All About Black!

Finally... I discovered a black dye that I love! It's called, Silk Black made by Pro Chemical. Traditionally dyeing with black requires twice as much dye as you would normally use for other colors. I would do this and still be disappointed with the blue/black results I was getting.  The Silk Black has a greenish influence vs the blue influence and somehow that just feels better to my eye! I thought I'd share with you in case others out there are in search of a better black! If you hurry Pro Chemical is offering 10% off MX dyes through May 31st! 


3 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm currently dyeing some garments for a customer who doesn't want a ton of black... lots of white. Hard! You've got some nice patterns there, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! No doubt your garment will come out beautifully! It's challenging trying to meet another persons vision :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this black. Thanks! Also, love your patterning. Guess I need to get a Prochem order together!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete