Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Friday, September 18, 2015

You're Doing What? = SAQA CT Trunk Show Piece!

I just completed my piece for the "You're Doing What?" challenge. Betty Warner and her counterparts are putting together a regional trunk show. The title made me stop to think about how many times I've used that phrase in my life... You're doing what? Usually directed towards my son's but this time I thought about Scott Jurek who ran the full length of the Appalachian Trail last summer. Most people take months to complete the trek from Georgia to Maine but Scott did it in 46 days... that's 2,180 miles of running - sometimes 24 hours in a row. I think Scott's goal was worth a "You're Doing What?"
 The requirements were to create a fiber art piece 6" X 10" which will be mounted on an 8" X 12" black mat. The collection will look really sharp when hung together and can be reserved by organizations for exhibition.

To check out Scott's full story click here
To learn more about the Appalachian Trail click here

Here is a detail photo that's shows a little tiny Scott reaching Mt. Katahdin in Maine - CONGRATULATIONS super man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment