Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Holiday Piece #1 - it has begun!

I took a "personal" day from my full time job today for some much needed downtime. I woke up at 5:00 AM just thinking about the possibilities the day could bring! 

I headed into the studio with the coffee pot and was quickly immersed in creative energy! My goal was to design a piece of wall art that was very simplistic but still recognizable as Christmas. I pulled fabrics from my stash and settled on a red/black fabric that had been ice dyed twice for the background. Next I chose a hand painted/stenciled fabric that was "challenged". By challenged I mean the overall design was a bit too strong in a one yard piece. Sometimes those wild-child fabrics are more manageable in smaller sizes! 


The quilting is also minimal... just enough to create some texture.  

I stretched the piece over an up-cycled stretcher bars and BOOM - on the wall it goes! 

1 comment: