Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Dyed Artist Canvas!

My latest passion is dyeing artist canvas! I wash the fabric as soon as I get it which removes the sizing and leaves the fabric soft and pliable... just delicious to use! The prewash shrinks the fabric quite a bit which at first was a surprise but now that I know all is well! 

I've ice dyed as well as painted and sun printed the canvas and been happy with the results. I love cotton but the soft canvas has such a nice texture that I think it provides a cool uniqueness to a finished piece. 

 "Flowers at Play" is painted and appliqued. I mounted on canvas stretchers which is easy to do and a quick way to hang. 

Check out my Artist Canvas Fabric page for more finished fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment